No matter how well you work your plan, there’s always a chance that something will derail you.
When that happens, you may want to scream. But you can deal with the situation more calmly and easily when you choose how you respond.
Gayle Lantz shares a personal story about a recent challenging experience in Rome, Italy that caught her by surprise and interrupted her travel plans.
Drawing analogies to the leadership journey, she offers suggestions on what to do when things don’t go according to plan.
In the most stressful moments, she challenges leaders to think “What would an uplifting leader do?” And to keep your problem in perspective by expanding your view.
This episode covers:
- 3.5 ways to respond when your plans go awry
- The belief that even negative experiences happen for you, not to you
- The importance of using emotional intelligence
- The power of positive expectation
- Finding inspiration in every day moments through people you encounter
Gayle encourages leaders to look for and reinforce the good, even in the most challenging situations.
She references this memory in Rome as an example: