If you lead people at work while also caring for an elderly parent or loved one who needs extra support, this episode is for you.
More and more leaders are feeling the pressure of “being on call” in more ways than one.
They struggle to fulfill multiple responsibilities without guilt or resentment. They may feel frustrated by a loved one’s resistance to change or overwhelmed trying to manage it all.
Gayle Lantz shares insights learned from her own experience caring for an elderly parent while running a business. She offers reassuring reminders to help shift mindset and maintain the right balance for you.
- Practical tips for balancing caregiving and leadership roles
- How to communicate needs and set boundaries
- The importance of self-care and building your support network
- Adjusting expectations and avoiding comparison with others
- The importance of empathy to maintain perspective.
The need for caregiving will only increase as the population ages. The goal is to integrate your leadership role and personal responsibilities with grace. By leading with compassion, you can navigate this challenge successfully.