Even the most devoted leaders reach a point when they know something needs to change. They can’t stay on the same path in the same way. It seems more risky to continue in their current role knowing that something different is calling.
But they don’t know how to go about the process to find their new best growth path.
Gayle Lantz speaks with former Worldwide Director of Finance at Apple, Rusty Gaillard. Rusty was the Worldwide Director of Finance at Apple in the hyper-growth years after the iphone was announced, running the global sales forecast. Prior to that he worked at GE.
Today Rusty is an executive/career coach, speaker and author. He helps executives find true success by becoming their best self.
Rusty shares why and how he made the transition to leave his corporate executive role and find a new path, including how he works with executives now to help them be most successful. He tells listeners they are only a fraction of what they are capable of and offers useful insights to leaders who are (or want to be) growth-minded.
This episode covers:
- Why it’s important to find your own growth path doing work that matters to you
- Three key ideas to help navigate the process
- The power of a growth mindset
- Why leaders must have a willingness to experiment
- The value of finding or creating a trusted small group to provide objective support and feedback along the way
- Barriers to growth that keep you from moving forward