How do you feel about change? If you’re like a lot of people, you might dread it. Or resist it. Or be exhausted from it.
But as a leader, you’ve got to anticipate change and even create it.
In this episode, Gayle Lantz offers insights and actions for leaders who want to develop a change mindset and/or help others do the same.
Many people naturally resist change. It appears in the form of sarcasm, missed meetings, criticism and even sabotage.
Leaders who exercise their change mindset as a muscle are better prepared to navigate continual change and disruption. Change is not one-and-done. It’s ongoing.
“Change” can be a trigger word to many people, so Gayle offers ideas on how leaders can help their teams be less threatened and more engaged in the change process itself.
This episode covers:
* The importance of holding empowering beliefs about change
* Three key qualities in leaders with a strong change mindset
1) Willingness to learn something new
2) Focus on what they can do versus can’t do
3) Optimism about the future
* Words and language to facilitate change more easily
* Suggested actions to take to build your change mindset
* The changing role of leaders (“old school” leadership model versus new leadership)
How to Manage Complacency To Get Best Business Results with Sharon Lipinski (#134)