The news has been heavy lately. Tragedies, fear and negativity are pervasive. As a leader, how do you stay focused and motivate your team when the weight of the world feels especially crushing?
This timely episode offers compassionate, practical guidance to lead more lightly during turbulent times. Listen as Gayle Lantz suggests realistic, caring ways to acknowledge people’s emotions and reframe thinking — without abandoning standards or accountability.
Discover simple leadership tweaks that demonstrate empathy, spark solutions, and reinvigorate your team. Because there’s always opportunity to lift others up, especially in the darkest of times.
This episode covers:
Seven ways to lead more lightly during heavy times.
- Acknowledge what’s really happening. Be less “business as usual” and more realistic.
- Share what you’re feeling. Be less stoic and more vulnerable.
- State your hope/intention. Be less reactive and more intentional.
- Invite conversation to get a pulse on your team. Be less directive and more invitational.
- Welcome feedback/suggestions. Be less set in your own way of thinking and more open to others ideas.
- Establish a doable goal. Be less focused on the big overwhelming goal and more focused on small doable steps.
- Show appreciation. Be less critical and more appreciative.
It’s not about “doing more.” Now is the time to lead more lightly with hope and compassion.